We are today pleased to announce a new policy which is to apply at selected World Women’s Snooker Tour events from the start of the 2018/19 season aimed at encouraging new and returning players to pick up a cue.
Beginning with the LITEtask UK Women’s Snooker Championship, people who have either never played at one of our events before or have not entered an event since the start of the 2015/16 season, will receive free entry to the main competition at their first event.
This will apply to the following events:
- LITEtask UK Women’s Snooker Championship
- Eden Women’s Masters
- Festival of Women’s Snooker (one event only)
Mandy Fisher, WLBS president said: “As we continue to expand the women’s tour with new tournaments being added to our calendar, it is equally important that our existing events continue to grow and welcome new players.
“For women and girls who have not played in one of our events before and are perhaps tempted to give it a try, or to players who have been away and are toying with a comeback, we hope that by offering this free entry it will help encourage them to give snooker a try.”
“Women of all levels of snooker experience are encouraged to get involved, meet new people and have fun at one of our competitions. We look forward to welcoming you soon!”
- Free entry will count only for the main event at their selected tournament. An entry fee will still apply for Seniors side-events.
- The offer is open to people who have not competed in one of our events since the start of the 2015/16 season.
- Any qualifying players who have already entered an upcoming tournament will be refunded their entry fee.
- To enter people must still be a member of their national federation (learn more).
To view the events currently open to enter please visit our Tournament Entry page.